Wednesday, February 18, 2009
LTC Rules - Leave Travel Concession Rules
as per 6th CPC - (w.e.f. 01.09.2008)
1. LTC Rules is allowed all Government servants irrespective of the distance between headquarters and their home town.
2. LTC Rules is allowed Hometown" means the town, village or any other place declared as such by the servant and accepted by the controlling officer.
3. LTC Rules is allowed only to those who have completed one year of service on the date of journey.
4. LTC Rules is allowed for self and family.
5. LTC Rules is allowed only to the family (in the case of an employee under suspension).
6. LTC Rules is allowed to journey to “Home Town” once in a block of two years.
7. LTC Rules is allowed journey to “Any place in India” once in a block of four years.
8. LTC Rules is allowed to expression "any place in India" will cover any place within the territory of India whether it is on the mainland, or overseas.
9. LTC Rules is allowed journey to “Any place in India” in lieu of one journey to Home Town.
10. LTC Rules is allowed availing during all leave periods
11. LTC Rules is allowed all journeys to travel by Rail/Road/Air/Ship.
12. LTC Rules is allowed privilege not availed during a block may be availed before end of the next year.
13. LTC Rules is allowed allow family members independently in any number of batches.
14. LTC Rules is allowed traveling to “Any place in India” the employee and or members of the family may travel either to the same place or different places of their choice.
15. LTC Rules is allowed traveling to visit “Any place in India” or can visit his same Home Town also.
16. LTC Rules is allowed in the same two-year block, some members of family can avail Home Town concession while other “Any place in India”.
17. LTC Rules is allowed reimbursement by the entitled class or actually traveled class, whichever is less.
18. LTC Rules is allowed 90 per cent of the anticipated reimbursement amount may be granted as advance.
19. LTC Rules is allowed Grade Pay holders of Rs.2400,2600 and 2800 can go AC-II Tier class by train.
20. LTC Rules is allowed Grade Pay holders of below Rs.2400 can go AC-III Tier / First Class / AC-Chair Car class by train.
Earned Leave Encashment Facility :-
1. Earned Leave up to a maximum of ten days at a time may be enchased, subject to the condition that at least an equivalent duration of Earned Leave.
2. This is limited to a maximum of 60 days during the entire career and the total number of days so enchased will not be included for computing maximum quantum of leave encashable at the time of quitting service.
3. The balance at credit should be but less than 30 days after deducting the total of leave availed plus leave for which encashment was availed.
4. Where both husband and wife are government servants, encashment of leave will continue to be available to both, subject to maximum limit of 60 days.
Block Year :-
1. The LTC to home town is allowed once in a block of two calendar years, such as 2006-2007, 2008-2009 and so on.
2. The LTC to “Any Place in India” is allowed once in a block of four calendar years, such as 2006 - 2009 and so on.
Husband and Wife…
When both the husband and wife are Central Government servants:
1. They can declare separate Home Town independently.
2. They can claim LTC for their respective families, viz,. While the husband can claim for his parents / minor brothers / sisters, the wife can avail for her parents / minor brother / sisters.
3. Either of the parents can claim the concession for the children in a particular block;
4. The husband / wife who avails LTC as a member of the family of the spouse, cannot claim independently for SELF.
Family – definition…
1. The Government servant’s wife or husband and two surviving unmarried children or stepchildren wholly dependent on the Government servant, irrespective of whether they are residing with the Government servant or not.
2. Married daughters divorced, abandoned or separated from their husbands and widowed daughters and are residing with the Government servant and wholly dependent on the Government servant.
3. Parents and / or step-parents (stepfather and stepmother) whole dependent on the Government servant, whether residing with the Government servant or not:
4. Unmarried minor brothers as well as unmarried divorced abandoned, separated from their husbands or widowed sisters residing with and wholly dependent on the Government servant provided their parents are either not alive or are themselves wholly dependent on the Government servant.
Change of Home Town…
“The hometown once declared and accepted by the controlling officer shall be treated as final. In exceptional circumstances, the Head of the Department or if the Government servant himself is the Head of the Department, the Administrative Ministry, may authorise a change in such declaration provided that such a change shall not be made more than once during the service of a Government servant.”
The CCS Rule allow an employee to change the Permanent Address given in their Service Records for once in their service.
The employee can apply for this through their respective Head of Section enclosing the relationship and residential proof of the new address.
Care to be taken before applying for the change of address as this facility will be available only once in their service. After changing the Permanent Address the employee is eligible to apply for Home Town LTC.
Those employees who are residing on the outskirts of their work place, automatically they are ineligible for LTC HomeTown. For the benefit of these employees, a male employee can give the address of his wife’s native place or opposite, after the marriage of son or daughter, their residing place like that… But the respective Head of Section has the right to turndown the application.
Rates of Dearness Allowance
|DA & DR ORDERS - EXPECTED DA STATUS|
|Effective Dates||Additional DA||Total DA||DA Orders||DR Orders||5th CPC|
|EXPECTED DA JUL 14 - JANUARY STATUS|
|EXPECTED DA JUL 14 - FEBRUARY STATUS|
|EXPECTED DA JUL 14 - MARCH STATUS|
|EXPECTED DA JUL 14 - APRIL STATUS|
|EXPECTED DA JUL 14 - MAY STATUS|
Read our exclusive articles...(Click the title and read continue...)
EXPECTED 7TH CPC PAY SCALE :-7th CPC Pay Scale is fast becoming the most mesmerizing phrase among Central Government employees these days. Every Central Govt Employee is waiting to find out the changes in their pay scale that the 7th CPC would recommend to the pay structure...
NMC STRESSES ON 20% INTERIM RELIEF...
The National Mazdoor Conference has urged the Chairman of the newly formed 7th Pay Commission recommend that 20% interim relief be given to all Central and State Government employees. As per Newspapers report that the NMC has also strongly demanded that these recommendations be submitted to the new government...ALLOWANCES ENHANCED BY 25% ...
100% D.A from January 2014 – Some Allowances and Advances Rise by 25%. The National Mazdoor Conference has urged the Chairman of the newly formed 7th Pay Commission recommend that 20% interim relief be given to all Central and State Government employees.
LTC-Will Air Travel Continue for the Next 2 Years? These concessions were initially announced for only two years and then extended to 2013. Each BLOCK YEAR can be carried forward to one year, i.e., those who haven’t utilized the facility in 2012-13 BLOCK YEAR can avail of it until December 2014.
Expected DA- Status, as of March 2014 : Expected Dearness Allowance from July 2014 : This time there is a considerable slackening in the pace of the expected DA. It looks as if there are plenty of reasons for it. As of March, the AICPIN has increased by one point and is at 239. The rapid increase in Consumer Price Index (IW)...
For a number of years now, especially after the 6th CPC, the problems faced by LDCs and UDCs have started gaining prominence. The unity and sense of purpose among them makes them look all set for the kind of victory that Pharmacists had. Common sense of purpose, unity and dedication sure make success possible!GOVERNMENT HAS DECIDED TO RAISE RETIREMENT AGE TO 62
Right now, the retirement age for Central Government employees is 60. While news has circulated that the Government has decided to raise the age to 62, no decisions have been made regarding this during the Cabinet Committee meeting that was held on 28.02.2014. There also have been no reports of any discussions on this issue.
LIST OF CGHS HOSPITALS
|1. ALLAHABAD||2. AHEMDABAD||3. Bangalore||4. Bhubhaneshwar||5. Bhopal|
|6. Chandigarh||7. CHENNAI||8. Delhi||9. Dehradun||10. Guwahati|
|11. Hyderabad||12. Jaipur||13. Jabalpur||14. Kanpur||15. Kolkata|
|16. Lucknow||17. Meerut||18. Mumbai||19. Nagpur||20. Patna|
|21. Pune||22. Ranchi||23. Shillong||24. Trivandrum||25. Jammu.|
7th CENTRAL PAY COMMISSION NEWS
|7TH CPC REPORT AND THE NEED FOR TIMELINESS||16.04.2014||7thCPC Blog|
|DID YOU KNOW HOW THE 6TH CPC MULTIPLICATION FACTOR OF 1.86 WAS DERIVED..?||15.04.2014||90Paisa|
|EXPECTED PAY STRUCTURE OF 7TH CPC||10.04.2014||90Paisa|
|Date of submission of 7th CPC Report||05.04.2014||-||Rajya Sabha|
|Comments and Suggestions on 7th CPC||04.04.2014||90Paisa|
|A webpage has been created by the Ministry of Finance for 7th Central Pay Commission||24.03.2014||-||Finmin|
|Federations veiws on the ToR of 7th CPC||05.03.2014||AIRF/BPMS/IRTSA|
|Cabinet approved 7th Central Pay Commission Terms of Reference||28.02.2014||90Paisa|
|Prime Minister has approved the composition of the 7th Central Pay Commission||04.02.2014||90Paisa|
|NO COMPROMISE ON TERMS OF REFERENCE||07.12.2013||NFPE|
|Possible ToR meeting with Staff Side JCM-Dopt||19.11.2013||Dopt|
|7th CPC Date for implementation||11.10.2013||7thcpcnews|
|Press Statement of Confederation of 7th CPC||25.09.2013||Confederation|
|Consent given by PM for 7th CPC||25.09.2013||90Paisa|