CCS PENSION RULES:-
38 - Rule No.Invalid pension
(1) Invalid pension may be granted if a Government servant retires from the service on account of any bodily or mental infirmity which permanently incapacitates him for the service.
(2) A Government servant applying for an invalid pension shall submit a medical certificate of incapacity from the following medical authority, namely :- (a) a Medical Board in the case of a Gazetted Government servant and of a non-gazetted Government servant whose pay, as defined in Rule 9 (21) of the Fundamental Rules, exceeds 3[Two thousand and two hundred rupees] per mensem ;
(b) Civil Surgeon or a District Medical Officer or Medical Officer of equivalent status in other cases.
NOTE 1. - No medical certificate of incapacity for service may be granted unless the applicant produces a letter to show that the Head of his Office or Department is aware of the intention of the applicant to appear before the medical authority. The medical authority shall also be supplied by the Head of the Office or Department in which the applicant is employed with a statement of what appears from official records to be the age of the applicant. If a service book is being maintained for the applicant, the age recorded therein should be reported.
NOTE 2. - A lady doctor shall be included as a member of the Medical Board when a woman candidate is to be examined.
(3) The form of the Medical Certificate to be granted by the medical authority specified in sub-rule (2) shall be as in Form 23.
(4) Where the medical authority referred to in sub-rule (2) has declared a Government servant fit for further service of less laborious character than that which he had been doing, he should, provided he is willing to be so employed, be employed on lower post and if there be no means of employing him even on a lower post, he may be admitted to invalid pension.
2. Substituted by G.I., M.F., Notification No. F. 19 (3)-E. V (A)/74, dated the 29th January, 1976.
3. Substituted vide G.I., Dept. of P. & P.W., Notification No. 2/18/87-P. & P.W. (PIC), dated the 20th July, 1988. Published as S.O. No. 2388 in the Gazette of India, dated the 6th August, 1988.
Rule No.49 - Subject:
Amount of Pension
5[ (1) In the case of a Government servant retiring in accordance with the provisions of these rules before completing qualifying service of ten years, the amount of service gratuity shall be calculated at the rate of half month's emoluments for every completed six monthly period of qualifying service.
(2) (a)In the case of a Government servant retiring in accordance with the provisions of these rules after completing qualifying service of not less than thirty-three years, the amount of pension shall be calculated at fifty per cent of average emoluments, subject to a maximum of four thousand and five hundred rupees per mensem.];
(b) in the case of a Government servant retiring in accordance with the provisions of these rules before completing qualifying service of thirty three years, but after completing qualifying service of ten years, the amount of pension shall be proportionate to the amount of pension admissible under Clause (a) and in no case the amount of pension shall be less than [Rupee three hundred and seventy-five] per mensem ;
(c) notwithstanding anything contained in Clause (a) and Clause (b) the amount of invalid pension shall not be less than the amount of family pension admissible under sub-rule (2) of Rule 54
2(3) In calculating the length of qualifying service, fraction of a year equal to 3[three months] and above shall be treated as a completed one half-year and reckoned as qualifying service.
2(4) The amount of pension finally determined under Clause (a) or Clause (b) of sub-rule (2), shall be expressed in whole rupees and where the pension contains a fraction of a rupee it shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee.
4(5) & (6) Deleted
Footnote : 1. Substituted vide G.I., Dept. of P. & P.W., Notification No. 2/18/87-P. & P.W. (PIC), dated the 20th July, 1988. Published as S.O. No. 2388 in the Gazette of India, dated the 6th August, 1988. Takes effect from 1st January, 1986.
2. Substituted by G.I., Dept. of Per. & A.R., Notification No. F. 38 (4)-Pen. (A)/80, dated the 8th August, 1980.
3. Substituted by G.I., Dept. of Per. & A.R., Notification No. 32/4/83-Pension Unit, dated the 26th August, 1983. Takes effect from 28th June 1983.
4. Deleted by G.I., Dept. of Per. & A.R., Notification No. F. 38 (4)-Pen. (A)/80, dated the 8th August, 1980. 5. Substituted vide G.I., Dept. of P. & P.W., Notification No. 2/18/87-P. & P.W. (PIC), dated the 20th July, 1988. Published as S.O. No. 2388 in the Gazette of India, dated the 6th August, 1988. Takes effect from 1st January, 1986.
Rule No.50 - Subject: Retirement on completion of 30 years' qualifying service
(1) At any time after a Government servant has completed thirty years' qualifying service -
(a) he may retire from service, or
(b) he may be required by the appointing authority to retire in the public interest, and in the case of such retirement the Government servant shall be entitled to a retiring pension :Provided that -
(a) a Government servant shall give a notice in writing to the appointing authority at least three months before the date on which he wishes to retire; and
(b) the appointing authority may also give a notice in writing to a Government servant at least three months before the date on which he is required to retire in the public interest or three months' pay and allowances in lieu of such notice :
2 Provided further that where the Government servant giving notice under clause (a) of the preceding proviso is under suspension, it shall be open to the appointing authority to withhold permission to such Government servant to retire under this rule :
3 Provided further that the provisions of clause (a) of this sub-rule shall not apply to a Government servant, including scientist or technical expert who is -
(i) on assignments under the Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation (ITEC) Programme of the Ministry of External Affairs and other aid programmes,
(ii) posted abroad in foreign based offices of the Ministries/Departments,
(iii) on a specific contract assignment to a foreign Government, unless, after having been transferred to India, he has resumed the charge of the post in India and served for a period of not less than one year.
1(1-A) (a) A Government servant referred to in clause (a) of the first proviso to sub-rule (1) may make a request in writing to the appointing authority to accept notice of less than three months giving reasons therefor.
(b) On receipt of a request under clause (a) the appointing authority may consider such request for the curtailment of the period of notice of three months on merits and if it is satisfied that the curtailment of the period of notice will not cause any administrative inconvenience, appointing authority may relax the requirement of notice of three months on the condition that the Government servant shall not apply for commutation of a part of his pension before the expiry of the period of notice of three months.
(2) A Government servant, who has elected to retire under this rule and has given the necessary intimation to that effect to the appointing authority, shall be precluded from withdrawing his election subsequently except with the specific approval of such authority :
Provided that the request for withdrawal shall be within the intended date of his retirement.
4(3) For the purpose of this rule the expression 'appointing authority' shall mean the authority which is competent to make appointments to the service or post from which the Government servant retires.
For consolidated instructions regarding premature retirement of Government servants refer appendix 10 of CCS(Pension) rules book
Footnote : 1. Inserted by G.I., Dept. of Per. & A.R., Notification No. 31/3/80-Pension Unit, dated the 5th March, 1981.
2. Inserted by G.I., M.F., Notification No. 6 (8)-E. V (A)/73, dated the 25th January, 1974.
3. Inserted by G.I., Dept. of P. & P.W., Notification No. 38/15/85-Pension Unit, dated the 1st July, 1985, published as S.O. No. 3324 in the Gazette of India, dated the 20th July, 1985 and takes effect from that date. 4. Inserted by G.I., M.F., Notification No. 7 (10)-E. V (A)/77, dated the 31st August, 1977.
|PROPOSED PAY STRUCTURE OF 7TH CPC-NC JCM STAFF SIDE||HIKE IN HOUSE RENT ALLOWANCE - TRAVELLING ALLOWANCE|
|EXPECTED PAY SCALE OF 7TH PAY COMMISSION||EXPECTED DA JULY 2015 - AICPIN FOR MAY 2015|
Exclusive Article : 7TH PAY COMMISSION EXPECTED TO SUBMIT ITS REPORT TO THE CENTRE IN SEPTEMBER
Thursday, May 07, 2009
CCS PENSION RULES:-
Rates of Dearness Allowance & Finmin Orders for DA, DR & 5th CPC
|DA & DR ORDERS - EXPECTED DA STATUS|
|Effective Dates||Additional DA||Total DA||DA Orders||DR Orders||5th CPC|
|EXPECTED DA JUL 14 - JANUARY STATUS||EXPECTED DA JUL 14 - FEBRUARY STATUS||EXPECTED DA JUL 14 - MARCH STATUS||EXPECTED DA JUL 14 - APRIL STATUS||EXPECTED DA JUL 14 - MAY STATUS|
LIST OF CGHS HOSPITALS
|1. ALLAHABAD||2. AHEMDABAD||3. Bangalore||4. Bhubhaneshwar||5. Bhopal|
|6. Chandigarh||7. CHENNAI||8. Delhi||9. Dehradun||10. Guwahati|
|11. Hyderabad||12. Jaipur||13. Jabalpur||14. Kanpur||15. Kolkata|
|16. Lucknow||17. Meerut||18. Mumbai||19. Nagpur||20. Patna|
|21. Pune||22. Ranchi||23. Shillong||24. Trivandrum||25. Jammu.|
7th CENTRAL PAY COMMISSION NEWS
|7TH CPC REPORT AND THE NEED FOR TIMELINESS||16.04.2014||7thCPC Blog|
|DID YOU KNOW HOW THE 6TH CPC MULTIPLICATION FACTOR OF 1.86 WAS DERIVED..?||15.04.2014||90Paisa|
|EXPECTED PAY STRUCTURE OF 7TH CPC||10.04.2014||90Paisa|
|Date of submission of 7th CPC Report||05.04.2014||-||Rajya Sabha|
|Comments and Suggestions on 7th CPC||04.04.2014||90Paisa|
|A webpage has been created by the Ministry of Finance for 7th Central Pay Commission||24.03.2014||-||Finmin|
|Federations veiws on the ToR of 7th CPC||05.03.2014||AIRF/BPMS/IRTSA|
|Cabinet approved 7th Central Pay Commission Terms of Reference||28.02.2014||90Paisa|
|Prime Minister has approved the composition of the 7th Central Pay Commission||04.02.2014||90Paisa|
|NO COMPROMISE ON TERMS OF REFERENCE||07.12.2013||NFPE|
|Possible ToR meeting with Staff Side JCM-Dopt||19.11.2013||Dopt|
|7th CPC Date for implementation||11.10.2013||7thcpcnews|
|Press Statement of Confederation of 7th CPC||25.09.2013||Confederation|
|Consent given by PM for 7th CPC||25.09.2013||90Paisa|
RETIREMENT AGE 62
|J&K Employees Retirement Age hiked to 60, on par with Central Government Staff||11.04.2014||90Paisa|
|Retirement age of 65: The Politicization of Employees’ Demands||11.04.2014||90Paisa|
|Retirement age to 62-What is the background behind this news?||01.03.2014||90Paisa|
|Retirement Age 62 - Cabinet expected to clear on Friday (28.202014)||26.02.2014||90Paisa|
|Retirement age 62 – No hike in Retirement age of Central Government employees…||15.08.2013||CGEN.in|
|Retirement Age 62 - Prime Minister likely to declare on his Independence Day speech||14.08.2013||CGEN.in|
|Retirement Age of High Court Judges||23.08.2013||90Paisa|
|No proposal to enhance the retirement age from 60 to 62 years||08.03.2013||90Paisa|
|Retirement age of Central Government Employees||20.01.2013||90Paisa|
|Retirement age of faculty doctors from 65 to 70 years…||03.12.2012||90Paisa|
|Enhancement of superannuation retirement age of KV teachers||31.08.2012||90Paisa|
|Retirement age of Teachers and Lecturers||26.08.2012||90Paisa|
LDC - UDC ISSUES...
|LDC-UDC GRADE PAY ISSUE|
|UPGRADATION OF GRADE PAY OF LDC & UDC - YET ANOTHER CASE IS FILED.||31.03.2014||AIAMSHQ|
|LDC-UDC Issue : Case Filed for Grade Pay 2400 to LDC||27.03.2014||AIAMSHQ|
|Upgradation Pay Scale to Railway Accounts Staff w.e.f. 1/1/1 996 on actual basis – NFIR||19.03.2014||NFIR|
|Demanding upgradation of the grade pay of LDC & UDC to Rs. 2400 & 2800 – Letter forward to MOSPI||26.02.2014||AIAMSHQ|
|LDC-UDC ISSUE-YET ANOTHER LETTER FROM DEPARTMENT OF EXPENDITURE||03.02.2014||AIAMSHQ|
|LDC-UDC ISSUE: TOWARDS A FINAL ACTION||14.01.2014||AIAMSHQ|
|TOWARDS A FINAL ACTION ON LDC & UDC GRADE PAY ISSUE…||31.12.2013||AIAMSHQ|
|LDC-UDC ISSUE: A STEP FORWARD||04.12.2013||AIAMSHQ|
|Deputy Secretary JCA writes to Under Secretary CS-II, DoPT||13.11.2013||AIAMSHQ|
|CONFEDERATION WRITES TO GOVERNMENT ON LDC- UDC PAY SCALE ANOMALY||26.10.2013||CONFEDERATION|
|CASE RETURNED BY THE DOPT & DIRECTED TO TAKE UP THE MATTER DIRECTLY WITH DEPARTMENT OF EXPENDITURE, MOF.||07.10.2013||AIAMSHQ|
|LDC-UDC ISSUE-LETTER TO NAC MEMBERS||10.09.2013||AIAMSHQ|
|LDC-UDC Issue -Letter sent to the PM forwarded to JCA for action||23.08.2013||AIAMSHQ|
|And more news...|
NATIONAL ANOMALY COMMITTEE MEETING DETAILS...
|NATIONAL ANOMALY COMMITTEE - DECSIONS & DISCUSSIONS AND MINUTES & RESULTS|
|DESCRIPTION||STAFF SIDE||OFFICIAL SIDE|
|SETTING UP OF NAC||12.01.2009|
|COMPOSITION OF NAC||05.02.2009|
|EXTENSION OF NAC||01.07.2010|
|1st NAC MEETING(12.12.2009)||08.02.2010|
|2nd NAC MEETING(27.03.2010)||AIRF//NFIR||04.05.2010|
|3rd NAC MEETING(15.02.2011)||AIRF/CONF||21.04.2011|
|4th NAC MEETING(05.01.2012)||AIANGO//AIRF||05.01.2012|
|5th NAC MEETING(17.07.2012)||NFIR//NFIR||13.09.2012|
|2nd MACP MEETING(15.09.2010)||CONF/AIRF||06.10.2010|
|3rd MACP MEETING(15.03.2011)||CONF||20.04.2011|
|4th MACP MEETING(27.07.2012)||NFIR/CONF/IRTSA/INDWF/NFIR||13.09.2012|
|NATIONAL COUNCIL JCM (15.05.2010)||NFPE/BPMS||07.07.2010|
|INCREMENT ISSUE SETTLED||05.01.2012||19.03.2012|
|LIST OF PARTICIPANTS||NAC/MACP||NAC/MACP|
CHILDREN EDUCATION ALLOWANCE & HOSTEL SUBSIDY
CHILD CARE LEAVE
IMPORTANT GOVERNMENT ORDERS
MOST POPULAR TOPICS
SELECT YOUR CATEGORY & CLICK...
All efforts have been made to ensure accuracy of the content on this blog, the same should not be construed as a statement of law or used for any legal purposes. 90paisa accepts no responsibility in relation to the accuracy, completeness, usefulness or otherwise, of the contents. Users are advised to verify/check any information with the relevant department(s) and/or other source(s), and to obtain any appropriate professional advice before acting on the information provided in the blog.
Links to other websites that have been included on this blog are provided for public convenience only.
90paisa is not responsible for the contents or reliability of linked websites and does not necessarily endorse the view expressed within them. We cannot guarantee the availability of such linked pages at all times.