Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
NewDelhi,Dated 27th August,2009.
Subject:- Payment of second instalment of arrears on account of pay revision of employee of Quasi-Government Organisations, Autonomous Organisations, and Statutory Bodies, etc. set up by and funded/controlled by the Central Government.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department's orders issued under Office Memorandum of even number dated 30th September 2008 and 7th October 2008 extending the revised pay structure for the Central Government employees on the basis of the recommendation of the 6th Central Pay Commission to the employees of Autonomous Organization, etc whose pattern of emolument structure i.e.pay sacles and allowances(in particular the Dearness Allowance, the House Rent Allowance and City Compensatory Allowance) were identical to those of the Central Government employees.
2. AS per this Department's resolution No.1/1/2008-IC dated 29th August 2008, the Government had decided that the arrears on account of implementation of 6th CPC recommendation will be paid in cash in two instalments - first instalment of 40% during the year 2008-09 and the remaining 60% in the financial year 2009-10. Orders have since been issued by the Government for payment of remaining 60% of arrears to the concerned Central Government servants. Accordingly, the dicision of the Government for payment of remaining 60% of arrears is hereby extended to the employees of the Autonomous Organisations etc. Howerer, the payment of remaining 60% of arrears will be subject to the conditions stipulated budgetary support for additional expenditure vide para 4 and 4.1 of this Department's Office Memorandum of even number dated 30th September, 2008 at the time of extending the revised pay structure for the Central Government Employees to the employees of Autonomous Oraganisations etc.