Office Of The C.G.D.A, Ulan Batar Road,
Palam, Delhi Cantt - 110010
PC of A(Fys) Kolkata
Subject:- Issue of Notification to amend the Central Civil Services (Leave) Rules, 1972.
Government of India, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances Notification issued vide their No: FNo:11012/1/2009-Estt.(L) dated 01.12.2009 regarding amendment to Central Civil Services (Leave) Rules,1972 has been uploaded on the website of HQrs. Office (www.cgda.nic.in) for information and necessary action please.
(R.K.Bhatt) For C.G.D.A
In the said rules, in rule 43-B, in sub-rule (1), for the figures and word “135 days”, the figures and word “180 days” shall be substituted:
In the said rules, after rule 43-B, the following rule shall be inserted, namely:-
43-C. Child Care Leave :- (1) A woman Government servant having minor children below the age of eighteen years and who has no earned leave at her credit, may be granted child care leave by an authority competent to grant leave, for a maximum period of two years, i.e.730 days during the entire service for taking care of up to two children whether for rearing or to look after any of their needs like examination, sickness, etc.
(2) During the period of child care leave, she shall be paid leave salary equal to the pay drawn immediately before proceeding on leave.
(3) Child care leave may be combined with leave of any other kind.
(4) Notwithstanding the requirement of production of medical certificate contained in sub-rule (1) of rule 30 or sub-rule (1) of rule 31, leave of the kind due and admissible (including commuted leave not exceeding 60 days and leave not due) up to a maximum of one year, if applied for, be granted in continuation with child care leave granted under sub-rule (1).
(5) Child care leave may be availed of in more than one spell.
(6) Child care leave shall not be debited against the leave account.”