(Ref: MINUTES OF THE 46TH MEETING OF THE NATIONAL COUNCIL (JCM) HELD ON 15TH May 2010)
Highlights of the meeting :-
1. The 46th Meeting of the National Council (JCM) was held on 15th May 2010 under the Chairmanship of Shri K. M. Chandrasekhar, Cabinet Secretary.
2. More than 30 representatives of Staff Side and Official Side participated in the meeting.
3. The Chairman stated that although there has been a long gap between the 45th and 46th meeting of the National Council.
4. The Chairman also stated that the meetings of the Standing Committee have also been held quite frequently.
5. The Chairman then enumerated some of the decisions taken by the Government in the recent past :
• The CCS (Revised Pay) Rules 2008 have been notified vide GSR 622 (E) dated 29th August 2008.
• Instructions have been issued vide O.M. No.1/1/2008-IC dated 30th August 2008 regarding fixation of pay and payment of arrears.
• Instructions regarding revision / refixation of pension/ family pension have been issued vide O.M. NO. 38/37/08-P&PW dated 1st September 2008.
• Instructions regarding revision in the provisions regulating pension/ gratuity/ commutation of pension/family pension/disability pension/ex-gratia lump sum compensation have been issued vide O.M. No.38/37/08-P&PW dated 2nd September 2008.
• Instructions / guidelines regarding the Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACP) have been issued vide O.M. No.35034/3/2008-Estt (D) dated 19th May 2009.
• Instructions/ guidelines regarding enhancement in the quantum of maternity leave and introduction of Child Care Leave (CCL) to women employees have been issued vide O.M. No.13018/2/2008-Estt. (L) Dated 11th September 2008.
• Instructions / guidelines regarding special casual leave to the Central Government Employees with disabilities have been issued vide O.M. No 25011/1/2008-Estt. (A) Dated 19th November 2008.
• In addition, most of the allowances of the Central Government Employees have been doubled as per the recommendations of the 6th Central Pay Commission.
6. The Leader, Staff Side Mr.M.Raghavaiah thanked the Chairman for apprising the staff side of the important decisions taken by the Government.
7. Staff Side Leader requested the Official Side to take necessary action to review the CCL from the restrictions.
8. He also stated regarding Children Education Allowance that the original order granting CEA to maximum of eldest two surviving children. This has resulted in problems and in certain cases the administration divisions of some Departments have even started recoveries. He requested that once a decision is taken and implemented, it should be maintained and should not be scuttled or diluted later in order to convey the right kind of message to the employees.
9. He stated that in reality an employee who hitherto got the two financial upgradations in 24 years under the old ACP Scheme, shall now have to wait for three decades to get the same level of upgradations under the new MACP Scheme.
10. He referred to the mismatch in the pay drawn by a senior direct recruit inducted into the service prior to 1st January 2006 and that of a junior direct recruit inducted into service after 1st January 2006 and stated that this is a genuine issue and requested the official side to find out a way to rectify the anomaly.
11. He further stated that normally after every Pay Commission, the Government used to raise the limit of the taxable income. This was not done this time, with the result that even the low paid employees have come within the ambit of the income tax.
12.Thereafter, Secretary, Staff Side Mr.Umraomal Purohit, while making his opening thanked the Chairman and he pointed out that the real problem lies at the level of the Departmental Councils where the meetings have been held regularly in a very few Ministries / Departments.
13. Thereafter, Secretary, Staff Side referred to the 16 pending awards of the Board of Arbitration and stated that these awards have not been implemented by the Government and there is a need to discuss them once again with the staff side. He further stated that it is the right time for a comprehensive review of the JCM Scheme and suggested that a High Level Joint Committee may be constituted for this purpose.
14. Secretary then appreciated the job done by the Fast Track Committee (FTC) and stated that despite the clear cut recommendation of the FTC regarding the Master Crafts Man, the same is yet to be implemented by the Ministry of Defence.
15. Non-matriculate class IV employees who retired or died between January 2006 and August 2008 without any re-training had also been deprived of the benefit of pay fixation in PB-I.
The Chairman stated that the pending awards of the Board of Arbitration would be reviewed. Regarding the suggestion to constitute a high level committee to review the JCM Scheme, the Chairman stated the matter may initially be discussed by the Secretary, DOP&T with the Staff Side and then if needed, a committee could be constituted.
Secretary, Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare assured the staff side that the matter will be reviewed in consultation with the Central Pension Accounts Office, Controller General of Accounts and Controller General of Defence Accounts and a deadline will be fixed for issuance of the revised PPOs.
Agenda items :-
1. SUBJECT: REIMBURSEMENT OF AYAA CHARGES – DELEGATION THEREOF
The official side stated that the Ministry of Health and Family welfare, vide its Office Memorandum dated 30th June 2008, has already addressed this problem. - ITEM FINALISED
2. SUBJECT: REIMBURSEMENT OF EXPENDITURE TOWARDS IMPLANTATION OF SPECIAL TYPES OF STENTS LIKE CYPHER STENT ETC. IN CASE OF CS (MA) BENEFICIARIES – DELEGATION THEREOF
The official side stated that Ministry of Health & Family Welfare has already issued an Office Memorandum on 12th September 2007 and a clarification in this regard has been issued on 8th February 2010 and the request of the staff side has been addressed. - ITEM FINALISED
3. SUBJECT: PATHOLOGICAL & DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES
The official side stated that in the tenders issued in the current year, most of the pathological and diagnostic procedures have been included in the approved list. Further, across the cities where CGHS facility is available, many private pathological & diagnostic labs are being empanelled which will address the problems being faced by CGHS beneficiaries. Final orders in this regard are expected to be issued by June 2010. - ITEM FINALISED
4. SUBJECT: GRANT OF FMA IN LIEU OF OUT DOOR TREATMENT FACILITIES
The official side stated that the concept of FMA will have greater chances of success once the health insurance scheme is implemented. The guidelines of the proposed Health Insurance Scheme Central Government Employees and Pensioners have been shared with the staff side where OPD is taken care of through FMA and for indoor treatment an insurance cover of Rs. Five lakhs is available to the beneficiaries.
The matter will be further examined by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare in consultation with the Ministry of Finance.
5. SUBJECT: RELOCATION OF ONE CGHS DISPENSARY IN WADI AREA, UNDER THE JURISDICTION OF MUNICIPAL CORPORATION, NAGPUR
The official side stated that the matter had already been discussed with the staff side and it was agreed to have a joint inspection of Wadi area and further action in the matter will be taken on the basis of the joint inspection report. - ITEM FINALISED
6. SUBJECT: SPECIALIZED CONSULTATION IN PUC HOSPITAL LIKE ISPAT HOSPITAL, HEC HOSPITAL & CCL HOSPITAL, RANCHI
The official side stated that the matter has been considered and it has been decided to agree with the request of the staff side. - ITEM FINALISED
7. SUBJECT: SUPPLY OF FREE DIET TO EMPLOYEES AND THEIR DEPENDANT UNDER TREATMENT FOR TB, LEPROSY, MENTAL ILLNESS, CANCER AND HIV/AIDS, RENAL DIALYSIS THERAPY, THALSAEMA.
The official side stated that the demand of the staff side has been examined and suitable instructions have been issued by the Ministry of Health and Family welfare, vide its Office Memorandum dated 22nd March 2010. - ITEM FINALISED
8. SUBJECT: SANCTION OF INCENTIVE ALLOWANCE TO CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES WORKING IN EXTREMISTS INFESTED AREAS
After a prolonged discussion, it was decided that the official side will re- examine the matter.
9. SUBJECT: DECLARATION OF GANDHINAGAR AS LINK – CITY OF AHMEDABAD.
In view of the prolonged demand of the Staff Side, the Chairman agreed to re-examine the matter.
10. SUBJECT: UPGRADATION OF JAMNAGAR AS B-2 TOWN WITH EFFECT FROM 20.07.2006.
The Chairman stated that there was merit in the arguments put forward by the staff side and directed the Department of Expenditure to re-examine the matter.
11. SUBJECT: A-1 STATUS TO BANGALORE CITY
The official side agreed to re-examine the matter.
12. SUBJECT: ANOMALY IN THE FIXATION OF REVISED PENSION There was no change in the basic principle that special pay or allowance shall not be reckoned for fixation of pension. Therefore, it is not possible to agree to the demand of the Staff Side. - ITEM FINALISED
13. SUBJECT: ELIGIBILITY OF FAMILY PENSION TO WIDOW/DIVORCE DAUGHTER/UN-MARRIED DAUGHTER WHO ARE NOW ELIGIBLE FOR PAYMENT OF FAMILY PENSION FOR INCLUSION OF NAMES IN PPOs ISSUED MUCH EARLIER.
The Chairman directed Secretary, Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare to hold discussion with the Staff Side and issue clarifications wherever required. - ITEM FINALISED
14. SUBJECT: GRANT OF FAMILY PENSION IN CASE OF MISSING PENSIONERS AFTER TWO MONTHS
The official side stated that the time period of 2 months proposed by the staff side is too short and agreed that the existing period of one year will be revised to six months for payment of family pension. - ITEM FINALISED
15. SUBJECT: GRANT OF HALF DAY CASUAL LEAVE FACILITY FOR INDUSTRIAL EMPLOYEES
The Chairman agreed with this and stated that suitable instructions would be issued soon. - ITEM FINALISED
16. SUBJECT: RELAXATION OF UPPER AGE LIMIT FOR DEPARTMENTAL CANDIDATES FOR APPOINTMENT TO GROUP C POSTS
The Chairman agreed to examine the suggestion of the Staff Side.
17. SUBJECT: RATE OF STITCHING CHARGE OF LIVERIES REQUIRES TO BE INCREASED
The official side agreed with the suggestion of the staff side. - ITEM FINALISED
18. SUBJECT: CASUAL LABOURERS (GRANT OF TEMPORARY STATUS & REGULARIZATION) SCHEME – NON IMPLEMENTATION OF.
The Chairman intervened and stated that if the Staff Side had any legal point on this aspect, then the same may be forwarded to the Department of Personnel & Training for examination.
19. SUBJECT: RESTRICTED HOLIDAYS FOR THE EMPLOYEES WORKING IN THE INDUSTRIAL ESTABLISHMENTS
The Official Side agreed to re-consider the matter relating to grant of two days restricted holidays to employees of industrial establishments.
20 SUBJECT: APPLICABILITY OF CCS (RSA) RULES 1993 TO THE WORKERS EMPLOYED IN DEFENCE ESTABLISHMENTS
The Chairman decided that the matter will have to be examined by the Ministry of Defence, in consultation with the Ministry of Law and Department of Personnel & Training.