Office of the Controller General of Defence Accounts
Ulan Batar Road, Palam, Delhi Cantt -110 010
MOST IMPORTANT CIRCULAR
Dated: November 22nd, 2011.
(i) All Principal Controllers.
(ii) All Controllers.
(iii) Ail WAs (including PIFA) & Equivalent officers.
Subject :- Submission of Immovable Property Return by Group ‘A’ officers for the year 2011 (as on 1st January, 2012) placing on the public domain.
In compliance of Government of India orders as notified under DOP&T circular No.11013/3/2011-Estt. A-IV dated 11th April, 2011, Annual Properly Returns as on January 1, 2011 of Members of All India Service and other Group ‘A’ Central Service officers were required to be placed in public domain, by respective cadre controlling authorities. Accordingly, keeping in view the time constraints the IPRs for the year-2010 (as on 01.01.2011) of all IDAS Officers, as made available to this HQrs. office were placed in the public domain.
2. However, it was observed that in a significant number of caws, the LPRs submitted by officers i.e., for the year-2010, were late, the last date of the 31st of January, 2011 was not adhered to. It was also observed that the IPRs of officers did not reflect the complete details of the property (ies) owned by them, in the IPRs and reflected terms such as ‘same as previous year' or ‘No change’ and the same were accordingly placed in public domain.
3. Since it would be agreed to, that the IPRs containing the said terms were not at all informative of the factual position, resultantly the very purpose of placing the property details of the IDAS officers of the department in public domain, was not served in the true spirit of the Government directives.
4. In order to comply with the DOP&T Instructions on the subject in letter & spirit, it is decided to obtain detailed ‘Immovable Property Return’ of All IDAS officers for the year-2011 i.e.position as on 01.01.2012 latest by 31.01.2012 and put the same in public domain.
5. Its is therefore, enjoined upon all Pr. Cs DA/Pr CA/Pr IFA/CsDA/Cs of A (Fys)/IFAs, to ensure that these returns are submitted byail IDAS Officers under their administrative jurisdiction in respect of every calendar year by 31st January of the next year. It may be impressed upon therm that
failure on the part of a Government servant to comply with the requirement of the aforesaid rule can form good and sufficient reason for instituting disciplinary proceedings against hun/her. Strict action may be taken against officers, who fall to submit the return in time or furnishing wrong information. The DOP&T vide their circular No. 11/7/2011.EO(PR) dated 4th AprIl, 2011 has notified that ‘A’ class officers, who do not submit the property return in time would be denied Vigilance Clearance and will not be considered for promotion and empanelment for senior level posts in Government of India.
6. The contents of the circular may be brought lo the notice of all IDAS Officers in the organisation.
7. Please acknowledge receipt.
Jt. CGDA (Admin.)