Rail Budget - 2012 - NFIR Proposals
National Federation of Indian Railwaymen
Affiliated to :
Indian National Trade Union Congress (INTUC)
International Transport Workers Federation (ITF)
Shri Dinesh Trivedi,
Hon'ble Railway Minister,
Ministry of Railways,
Sub : Rail Budget - 2012 - NFIR Proposals.
Kind attention is invited to NFIR's letter of even number dated 20.01.2012 wherein the important issues required consideration were highlighted. NFIR further places the following for kind consideration for announcing in Rail Budget expected to be presented in the 2nd week of March, 2012.
1. Licenced Porters who fulfill the conditions of age, educational qualification (8th Standard) may be inducted as a Trackman against vacancies in view of heavy vacancy position adversely affecting efficiency. The then Railway Minister had decided accordingly in the past. Now one more opportunity may be given to them.
2. Staff working in Quasi Administrative (Railway Institutes, Societies etc.) units/offices may be inducted in Group 'D' (GP Rs.1800/-) - Safety Vacancies.
3. Establishment of Health Unit at Krishnarajapuram, Bangalore, (S.W.Railway) for the welfare of employees and their families is very much needed. Approval may be accorded.
4. GMs may be empowered for deciding the referral facilities of corporate Hospitals to provide timely health care to the Railway families instead of depending upon the Railway Board.
5. Allocation of more funds for improvement of Railway Quarters and colonies may be approved.
6. Regularization of Contract Par-medical staff (Pharmacists, ECG Technicians etc.,) who fulfill conditions laid down for recruitment and put in minimum 5 years service be agreed to.
NFIR trusts that you would give serious consideration and accord sanction.