Tuesday, August 28, 2012
DOPT published some important instructions and standing orders through an order regarding MACP Scheme as FAQ.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs) ON MODIFIED ASSURED CAREER PROGRESSION SCHEME
1. What is Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACPS) ?
The MACP Scheme for Central Civilian Government Employees is in supersession of earlier ACP Scheme. Under the MACP Scheme three financial Up-gradations are allowed on completion of 10,20,30 years of regular service, counted from the direct entry grade. The MACPS envisages merely placement in the immediate next higher grade pay as given in Section I, Part-A of the first schedule of the CCS (Revised Pay) Rules 2008, in case no promotion has been earned by the employee during this period.
2. From which date the MACPS is effective?
The MACPS is effective w.e.f. 01.09.2008 or on completion of 10, 20 & 30 years of continuous regular service, whichever is later. Financial upgradation will also be admissible whenever a person has spent 10 years continuously in the same grade pay. (Para 9 of OM dated 19/5/2009)
3. Who are entitled for financial under the MACPS?
The MACPS is applicable to all Central Government Civilian Employees.
4. What norms are required to be fulfilled while granting the benefits under MACPS?
The financial upgradation would be on non-functional basis subject to fitness in the hierarchy of pay band and grade pay within PB- 1. Thereafter, only the benchmark of ‘Good’ would be applicable till the grade pay of Rs.6600 In PB-3. The benchmark will be ‘Very Good’ for Financial upgradation to the grade pay of Rs.7600 and above. However, where the Financial upgradation under the MACPS also happen to be in the promotional grade and benchmark for promotion is lower than the benchmark for granting the benefits under MACPS as mentioned in para 17 of the Scheme, the benchmark for promotion shall apply to MACP also.
O.M.N0.5034/3/2008-Estt(D) dated 01/11/2010
5. Whether Pay Band would be changed at the time of grant of financial upgradation under MACPS?
OM.N0.35034/3/2008-Estt.(D) dated 09/09/2010
6. Whether the promotions in same grade would be counted for the purpose of MACPS?
The financial up-gradation under the MACPS is in the immediate next higher grade pay in the hierarchy of recommended revised pay bands and grade pay as given in CCS (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008. However if the promotional hierarchy as per recruitment rules is such that promotions are earned in the same grade pay, then the same shall be counted for the purpose of MACPS.
7. How will the benefits of ACP be granted if due between 01 .01.2006 and 31.08.2008?
The revised pay structure has been changed w.e.f. 01.01.2006 and the benefits of ACPS have been allowed till 31.08.2008. Hence, the benefits of revised pay structure would be allowed for the purpose of ACPS.
(OM No.35034/3/2008-Estt. dated 9.9.2010)
8. Whether adhoc appointment would be counted towards qualifying service for MACPS?
No. Only continuous regular service is counted towards qualifying service for the purpose of MACPS. The regular service shall commence from the date of joining of a post in direct entry grade on a regular basis. (Para 9 of the MACPS)
9. Whether State Government service shall be reckoned for the purpose of MACPS?
No. Only regular service rendered in the Central Government’s Department/Office is to be counted for the purpose of MACPS, as the Scheme is applicable to the Central Government Civilian Employees only. ( MACPS , Para 10)
10. What are the periods included in the regular service?
All period spent on deputation/foreign service, study leave and all other kind of leave, duly sanctioned by the competent authority shall be included in the regular service. (Para 11. MACPS)
11. How is the MACPS to be extended to the employees of Autonomous and Statutory Bodies?
Procedure prescribed in OM No.35034/3/2010- Estt(D),Dated 03/08/2010 would be followed by the administrative Ministries/Departments concerned for extension of the MACPS to the employees of Autonomous and Statutory Bodies under their control.
12. Whether the cases of grant of financial upgradation allowed under the ACPS between 01.09.2008 and 19.05.2009, the date of issue of the Scheme are be reviewed?
Yes. Since the benefits of ACPS have been discontinued w.e.f. 01.09.2008, the cases settled between 01.09.2008 and 19.05.2009, in terms of previous ACP Scheme shall be reviewed.
13. Whether the past continuous regular service in another Govt.Deptt. in a post carrying same grade pay prior to regular appointment in a new Deptt. without a break shall be counted towards qualifying regular service for the purpose of MACPS?
Yes. ( Para 9, MACPS)
14. Upto what grade pay the benefits under the / MACPS is allowed?
The benefits of MACPS are being up-to HAG scale of Rs. 67000 – 79000/- (DOPT’s O.M.No.35034/3/2008-Estt.(D) dated 24.12.2010)
15. How the cases of pre-revised pay scales (Rs.5000-8000 & Rs.5500-9000 and Rs.6500-10500 & Rs.7450-11500) merged w.e.f. 01.01.2006 are to be decided under MACPS?
The cases would be regulated in accordance with para 5 of Annexure-I of MACPS. The Ministries/Departments are expected to re-organise cadres and frame common RRs for the post in merged scales.
16. Whether ‘Non-functional Scale’ of Rs.8000-13500 (revised to grade pay of Rs.5400 in PB-3) would be viewed as one financial upgradation for the purpose of MACPS?
Yes, in terms of para 8.1 of Annexure-I 01 MACPS dated 19.05.2009.
17. Whether time bound promotion’ scheme including ‘in-situ promotion’ scheme can run concurrently with MACPS?
No. ( Para 13 of MACPS)
18. Whether Staff Car Drive Scheme can run concurrently with MACPS?
DOPT vide O.M.No.35011/03/2008-Estt.(D),30/07/2010 has extended the benefits of MACPS to Staff Car Drivers as a fall back option
19. Whether the placement of erstwhile Gr. D employees as Staff Car Driver, ordinary grade would count as a promotion?
No. The model RRs for Staff Car Drivers provide deputation/absorption as a method of appointment for erstwhile Gr. D employees . The placement as staff Car Driver is not in the hierarchy hence the same would not be counted as promotion under MACPS. The regular service for the MACPS would be from the date of appointment as Staff Car Driver.
20. Whether designation classification or higher status would change on account of financial upgradation under MACPS?
There shall be no change in the designation classification or higher status on grant of financial upgradation under MACPS, as the upgradation under the Scheme is purely personal and merely placement in the nexl higher grade pay. (Para 16 of Annexure-l of MACPS refers)
21. If a financial upgradation under the MACPS is deferred due to the reason of the employees being ‘unfit’ or due to departmental proceedings, etc, whether this would have consequential effect on the subsequent financial upgradation?
Yes, this would have consequential effect on the subsequent financial upgradation, which would also get deferred to the extent of delay in grant of financial upgradation. ( MACPS, Para 15)
22. Whether the stepping up of pay would be admissible if a junior is getting more pay than the senior on account of grant of financial upgradation under MACPS?
No stepping up of pay in the band or grade pay would be admissible with regard to junior getting more pay than the senior on account of pay fixation under MACPS.
Para 10 of OM dated 19/5/2009
23. Whether the regular service rendered by an employee if declared surplus in his/her organisation and appointed in the same grade pay or lower grade pay shall be counted towards the regular service in a new organization for the purpose of MACPS?
Yes. (refer para 23 of Annexure-l of MACPS)
24. In case of transfer including unilateral transfer own request, whether regular service rendered in previous organisation/office shall be counted alongwith the regular service in the new organization for the purpose of MACPS?
Yes. OM No.35034/3/2008-Estt(D) dated 01/11/2010
25. If a regular promotion has been offered but was refused by the employees before becoming entitled to a financial upgradation under the MACPS, whether financial upgradation shall be allowed to such a Government servant?
If a regular promotion has been offered but was refused by the Government employee before becoming entitled to a financial upgradation, no financial upgradation shall be allowed and as such an employee has not been stagnated due to lack of opportunities. If, however, financial upgradation has been allowed due to stagnation and the employees subsequently refuse the promotion, it shall not be a ground to withdraw the financial upgradation. He shall, however, not be eligible to be considered for further financial upgradation till he agrees to be considered for promotion again and the next financial upgradation shall also be deferred to the extent of period of debarment due to the refusal.( Para 25 of MACPS)
Rates of Dearness Allowance
|DA & DR ORDERS - EXPECTED DA STATUS|
|Effective Dates||Additional DA||Total DA||DA Orders||DR Orders||5th CPC|
|EXPECTED DA JUL 14 - JANUARY STATUS|
|EXPECTED DA JUL 14 - FEBRUARY STATUS|
|EXPECTED DA JUL 14 - MARCH STATUS|
|EXPECTED DA JUL 14 - APRIL STATUS|
|EXPECTED DA JUL 14 - MAY STATUS|
Read our exclusive articles...(Click the title and read continue...)
EXPECTED 7TH CPC PAY SCALE :-7th CPC Pay Scale is fast becoming the most mesmerizing phrase among Central Government employees these days. Every Central Govt Employee is waiting to find out the changes in their pay scale that the 7th CPC would recommend to the pay structure...
NMC STRESSES ON 20% INTERIM RELIEF...
The National Mazdoor Conference has urged the Chairman of the newly formed 7th Pay Commission recommend that 20% interim relief be given to all Central and State Government employees. As per Newspapers report that the NMC has also strongly demanded that these recommendations be submitted to the new government...ALLOWANCES ENHANCED BY 25% ...
100% D.A from January 2014 – Some Allowances and Advances Rise by 25%. The National Mazdoor Conference has urged the Chairman of the newly formed 7th Pay Commission recommend that 20% interim relief be given to all Central and State Government employees.
LTC-Will Air Travel Continue for the Next 2 Years? These concessions were initially announced for only two years and then extended to 2013. Each BLOCK YEAR can be carried forward to one year, i.e., those who haven’t utilized the facility in 2012-13 BLOCK YEAR can avail of it until December 2014.
Expected DA- Status, as of March 2014 : Expected Dearness Allowance from July 2014 : This time there is a considerable slackening in the pace of the expected DA. It looks as if there are plenty of reasons for it. As of March, the AICPIN has increased by one point and is at 239. The rapid increase in Consumer Price Index (IW)...
For a number of years now, especially after the 6th CPC, the problems faced by LDCs and UDCs have started gaining prominence. The unity and sense of purpose among them makes them look all set for the kind of victory that Pharmacists had. Common sense of purpose, unity and dedication sure make success possible!GOVERNMENT HAS DECIDED TO RAISE RETIREMENT AGE TO 62
Right now, the retirement age for Central Government employees is 60. While news has circulated that the Government has decided to raise the age to 62, no decisions have been made regarding this during the Cabinet Committee meeting that was held on 28.02.2014. There also have been no reports of any discussions on this issue.
LIST OF CGHS HOSPITALS
|1. ALLAHABAD||2. AHEMDABAD||3. Bangalore||4. Bhubhaneshwar||5. Bhopal|
|6. Chandigarh||7. CHENNAI||8. Delhi||9. Dehradun||10. Guwahati|
|11. Hyderabad||12. Jaipur||13. Jabalpur||14. Kanpur||15. Kolkata|
|16. Lucknow||17. Meerut||18. Mumbai||19. Nagpur||20. Patna|
|21. Pune||22. Ranchi||23. Shillong||24. Trivandrum||25. Jammu.|
7th CENTRAL PAY COMMISSION NEWS
|7TH CPC REPORT AND THE NEED FOR TIMELINESS||16.04.2014||7thCPC Blog|
|DID YOU KNOW HOW THE 6TH CPC MULTIPLICATION FACTOR OF 1.86 WAS DERIVED..?||15.04.2014||90Paisa|
|EXPECTED PAY STRUCTURE OF 7TH CPC||10.04.2014||90Paisa|
|Date of submission of 7th CPC Report||05.04.2014||-||Rajya Sabha|
|Comments and Suggestions on 7th CPC||04.04.2014||90Paisa|
|A webpage has been created by the Ministry of Finance for 7th Central Pay Commission||24.03.2014||-||Finmin|
|Federations veiws on the ToR of 7th CPC||05.03.2014||AIRF/BPMS/IRTSA|
|Cabinet approved 7th Central Pay Commission Terms of Reference||28.02.2014||90Paisa|
|Prime Minister has approved the composition of the 7th Central Pay Commission||04.02.2014||90Paisa|
|NO COMPROMISE ON TERMS OF REFERENCE||07.12.2013||NFPE|
|Possible ToR meeting with Staff Side JCM-Dopt||19.11.2013||Dopt|
|7th CPC Date for implementation||11.10.2013||7thcpcnews|
|Press Statement of Confederation of 7th CPC||25.09.2013||Confederation|
|Consent given by PM for 7th CPC||25.09.2013||90Paisa|