Railway Board Commercial Circular : "In the case of tickets already issued at pre-revised rates, it should be ensured that the difference in fares and other charges on or after 22.01.2013 will be recovered either by TTEs on the trains or by the Booking/Reservation Offices before the commencement of journey by passengers".
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
COMMERCIAL CIRCULAR NO. 6 OF 2013
The General Managers (Comml.),
All Zonal Railways.
New Delhi, dated II .01. 2013.
Sub : Revision in Passenger Fares w.e.f. 22.01.2013.
Ministry of Railways have decided to revise Passenger Fares w.e.f. 22.01.2013. Details of the fare revision are as under :-
|S.No.||Class||Increase in Fare per Passenger Kilo Meter (PKM)||Minimum distance for charge|
Second Class Ordinary (Suburban)
(Existing - 10 Kms)
Second Class Ordinary (Non-Suburban)
(Existing - 10 Kms)
Second Class (Mail/Express)
(Existing - 200 Kms)
AC Chair Car
AC 3 - Tier
(Existing - 100 Kms)
AC 2 - Tier
(Existing - 300 Kms)
AC First Class
(Existing - 300 Kms)
2. Minimum Fare: The Minimum fare chargeable will be Rs. 5.
3. Development Charge: On the revised basic fares which shall become effective from 22.01.2013, development charge shall not be liveable.
4. Rounding off of Fares:
(i) Fares of all classes except Second Class Ordinary (Suburban):- Chargeable Fares, as obtained after adding Miscellaneous Charges like Reservation Fee, Supplementary charge for Superfast trains, Catering Charge, Service Tax etc. To the Basic Fare, will be rounded off to the next higher multiple of Rs. 5.
(ii) Second Class (Suburban) Fares:- Chargeable Fares for Second Class Suburban passengers as obtained after adding applicable miscellaneous charges like MUTP Surcharge etc. (as and where application) TO THE Basic Fare, will be rounded off to the next higher multiple of five rupees, except that in cases where either ‘1’ or ‘6’ comes up as the last digit (i.e. in unit’s place) it will be rounded off to the immediately lower multiple of Rs. 5, i.e. Rs. 11.00, Rs. 21.00, Rs. 31.00 etc. would respectively become Rs. 10.00, Rs. 20.00, Rs. 30.00 etc. and Rs. 6.00, Rs. 16.00, Rs. 26.00 etc. would respectively become Rs. 5.00, Rs. 15.00 and Rs. 25.00 etc. and Fare values ending in Rs. 2, Rs. 3 or Rs. 4 would be getting rounded off to Rs. 5 and those ending in Rs. 7, Rs. 8, or Rs. 9 to Rs. 10 and so on and so forth.
5. It is also decided that the existing fares of train services like Rajdhani, Shatabdi, Garib Rath, Jan Shatabdi, Duronto, Rajya Rani and Yuva Expresses will similarly be revised to the extent of the proposed increase in class-wise fares.
6. As per earlier circular of Railway Board dated 26.12.2012, as a special case to facilitate the passengers of Muhakumbh Mela it has been decided if any passenger purchases an unreserved reverse ticket through UTS from any station on Indian Railways for journey to any one of the 12 stations in Allabhbad region serving Mahakumbh Mela and back the reverse ticket will be allowed to be booked upto 15 days in advance excluding the day of journey subject to levy of Mela Surcharge as per extant instructions. In this case also the difference of fare will be collected on board in the trains in case tickets are booked in advance and before 22.01.2013 in respect of above.
7. Other Charges:- There is no change in charges for reservation fee etc. Such charges, wherever applicable, which shall continue to be levied additionally. However, the second class superfast Surcharge shall be rounded off to Rs. 10/-.
8. The changes in fares as above shall come into force w.e.f. 22.01.2013.
9. Service tax will be levied as applicable as per instructions issued in this regard.
10. Instructions issued earlier that in the case of Rajdhani/Shatabdi/Jan Shatabdi/Duronto Express trains, the concession wherever admissible and in child fare also, it will be granted only in the basic fares and that all other charges (Catering, Reservation Supplementary charges like Superfast Surcharge, Enhanced Charges, Service Tax (if any) etc.) shall be collected in full. This will be applicable from 01.04.2013 as per the said instructions issued vide Borad's letter No.TCII/2941/11/Policy dated 26.10.2012 (C.C. No.66 of 2012).
11. The General Secretary, IRCA has been requested to print and supply the revised Passenger Fare Tables.
12. Each Railway will ensure that the requisite number of copies of revised Passenger Fare Tables are collected from the General Secretary, I.R.C.A. and distributed to the concerned staff well in advance of 22.02.2013.
13. The revised fares will also apply to tickets issued in advance for journeys to commence on or after 22.01.2013. Until new tickets are printed, old printed card tickets will be issued after having necessary corrections in fares made on them in advance. Such alterations by the staff would be made preferably by stamp or in ink. A suitable notice in the Press should be given by the Railways advising that till such time new tickets are printed and made available, the existing tickets with alterations in fares on them would be issued.
14. In the case of tickets already issued at pre-revised rates, it should be ensured that the difference in fares and other charges on or after 22.01.2013 will be recovered either by TTEs on the trains or by the Booking/Reservation Offices before the commencement of journey by passengers. Commercial Inspectors and TIAs should visit all important stations and ensure that fares and other charges are levied and tickets issued as per the revised rates. Commercial Officers should also make surprise checks at stations and ensure that the fares and other charges aer levied with effect from 22.01.2013 at the revised rates. The Fare List displayed to the public at stations should be revised and corrected showing the new fares with effect from 22.01.2013.
15. These changes which are required to be carried out in manual ticketing system and in PRS, UTS, etc., should be ensured.
16. Special arrangements should be made to ensure that necessary instructions and the revised Passenger Fare Tables reach the staff well in time. Steps should also be taken ensure that the staff fully understand these changes and implement them properly.
17. This issues with the concurrence of Finance Directorate of Ministry of Railways.
18. The receipt of this letter may be acknowledged. Also please check these instructions on the Indian Railways 'website - www.indianrailways.gov.in.
19. Zonal Railways should arrange wide publicity to the revision in fares and fares table w.e.f. 22.01.2013 and related instructions through the press media and through notifications and announcements at stations.
Director Passenger Marketing