Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
New Dlehi, the 29thAugust, 2008
Subject: Construction Projects-Grant of Project Allowance- Revision of rates.
The undersigned is directed to say that consequent upon the decisions taken by the Government on the recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission, the President is pleased to decide that in modification of O.M. No.20011/5/73-E.II(B) date the 17.1.1975, as amended from time to time, and O.M. No.6(6)/97-E.II(B) dated 1.4.1998 on the subject mentioned above, the rates of Project Allowance shall be as follows:-
Grade Pay Rate per month(Rs.)
For posts in the
Grade pay of Rs.5400/-
And pay scale of
HAG and above 1500
For posts in the
grade pay of
Less than Rs. 5400/- 1000
2. In the case of those employees who opt to retain the pre-revised scale of pay, corresponding Grade pay of the pay scale/corresponding pay scale of the post occupied on 1.1.2006, as indicated in CCS (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008 would determine the allowance under these orders.
3. These orders will take effect from September 1, 2008.
4. These orders will apply to all civilian employees of the Central Government including civilian employees paid from the Defence Services Estimates. In regard to Armed Forces personnel and Railway employees, separate orders will be issued by the Ministry of Defence and Ministry of Railways, respectively.
5. The rates of this allowance shall automatically increase by 25%, whenever the Dearness Allowance payable on the revised pay structure goes up by 50%.
6. All other terms and conditions governing the grant of this allowance shall remain unchanged.
7. In so far as persons serving in the Audit & Accounts Department are concerned, these orders issue after consultation with the Comptroller & General of India.
8. Hindi version will follow.
Joint Secretary to the Govt. of India.