CCS(LTC)Rules - Family Definition
CENTRAL CIVIL SERVICES (LEAVE TRAVEL CONCESSION) RULES
(i) the Government servant’s wife or husband, as the case may be, and two surviving unmarried children or step children wholly dependent on the Government servant, irrespective of whether they are residing with the Government servant or not;
(ii) married daughters who have been divorced, abandoned or separated from their husbands and widowed daughters and are residing with the Government servant and are wholly dependent on the Government servant;
(iii) parents and/or step mother residing with and wholly dependent on the Government servant;
(iv) unmarried minor brothers as well as unmarried, divorced, abandoned, separated from their husbands or widowed sisters residing with and wholly dependent on the Government servant, provided their parents are either not alive or are themselves wholly dependent on the Government servant.
1. The restriction of the concession to only two surviving children or step children shall not be applicable in respect of ( i) those employees who already have more than two children prior to the coming into force of this restriction i.e. 20.10.1997; (ii) children born within one year of the coming into force of this restriction; (iii) where the number of children exceeds two as a result of second child birth resulting in multiple births.
2. Not more than one wife is included in the term "Family" for the purpose of these Rules. However, if a Government servant has two legally wedded wives and the second marriage is with the specific permission of the Government, the second wife shall also be included in the definition of "Family".
3. Though it is not necessary for the spouse and children to reside with the Government servant so as to be eligible for the Leave Travel Concession, the concession in their cases shall, however, be restricted to the actual distance traveled or the distance between the headquarters/place of posting of the Government servant and the hometown/place of visit, whichever is less.
4. Children of divorced, abandoned, separated from their husbands or widowed sisters are not included in the term "Family".
5. A member of the family whose income from all sources, including pension, temporary increase in pension but excluding dearness relief on pension or stipend etc. does not exceed Rs.1500 p.m. is deemed to be wholly dependent on the Government servant.