GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
Ministry of Personnel P.G.& Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners' Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhavan,
Khan Market, New Delhi
Dated 28th May,2009
Sub: payment of family pension in the case of Burma Pensioners - regarding
The Burma Civil Pensioners/family pensioners are presently being paid ex-gratia ad-hoc allowance such that this allowance, which is being paid by the Govt. of India, plus the existing pension being paid by the Govt. of Myanmar taken together is Rs.3500/- as on 1.1.2006. As per the existing orders, the Dearness Relief as announced by the Govt. of India from time to time is also admissible on this amount.
2. It has been brought to the notice of this Department that Govt. of Myanmar extends family pension subject to the following conditions:-
a) In the event of death of the Government servant while in service, family pension will be payable to the family for a period of ten years or upto the date on which the deceased government servant would have attained the age of 65 years, whichever period is earlier: and
b) In the event of death of the Government servant after retirement, the family pension would be payable for the unexpired period of ten years from the date of retirement or upto the date on which government servant would have attained the age of sixty five years, whichever period is earlier.
3. Considering the hardship the affected family pensioners would face in case the family pension is discontinued as per the instructions of the Government of Myanmar, Government of India has condidered the matter sympathetically. The President is now pleased to dicide that the ex-gratis adhoc allowance would be continued to be paid to the Burma Civil Family Persioners by the GovernmentOf India even after the period specified in para 2 above irrespective of the discontinuance of family pension by the Government of Myanmar. This would however be subject to the overall ceiling as prescribed by this Department from time to time.
4. Policy and procedure regarding payment of ex-gratia adhoc allowance will continue to be governed by the existing instructions issued in the matter so far.
5. This OM issues with the concurrence of the Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure vide their UO No. 137/E.V/2009 dated 21.5.2009
6. Similar orders in respect of Defence Personnel will be issued separately by the Ministry of Defence.
7. Hindi version will follow.
Related Posts: Grant of D R to Central Government Pensioner / Family Pensioners Revised from 1.1.2009