Pensioners Portal Orders : Revised concordance table of the pre-1996, pre-2006 and post 2006 pay scales...
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, PG & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
3rd Floor lok Nayak Bhawan
Khan Market, New Delhi-110 003
Dated the 28th January. 2013
Sub:- Revision of pension of pre-2006 pensioners — reg.
The undersigned is directed to say that in pursuance of Government’s decision on the recommendations of Sixth Central Pay Commission, orders were issued for revision of pension/family pensioners vide this Department’s OM No.38/37/08-P&PW(A) dated 1 .9.2008. as amended from time to time.
2. It has been decided that the pension of pre-2006 pensioners as revised w.e.f. 1.1.2006 in terms of para 4.1 or para 4.2 of the aforesaid OM dated 1.9.2008. as amended from time to time, would be further stepped up to 50% of the sum of minimum of pay in the pay band and the grade pay corresponding to the pre-revised pay scale from which the pensioner had retired, as arrived at with reference to the fitment tables annexed to the Ministry of Finance. Department of Expenditure OM No.1/1/2008-IC dated 30th August, 2008. In the case of HAG and above scales, this will be 50% of the minimum of the pay in the revised pay scale arrived at with reference to the fitment tables annexed to the above-referred OM dated 30.8.2008 of Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure.
3. The normal family pension in respect of pre-2006 pensioners/family pensioners as revised w.e.f. 1.1.2006 in terms of para 4.1 or para 4.2 of the aforesaid OM dated 1.9.2008 would also be further stepped up to 30% of thc sum of minimum of pay in the pay band and the grade pay corresponding to the pre-revised pay scale in which the Government servant had retired, as arrived at with reference to the fitment tables annexed to the Ministry of Finance. Department of Expenditure OM No.1/1/2008-IC dated 30th August. 2008. In the case of HAG and above scales. this will be 30% of the minimum of the pay in the revised pay scale arrived at with reference to the fitment tables annexed to the above OM dated 30.8.2008 of Ministry of Finance (Department of Expenditure).
4. A revised concordance table (Annexure) of the pre-1996, pre-2006 and post 2006 pay scales/pay bands indicating the pension/family pension (at ordinary rates) payable under the above provisions is enclosed to facilitate payment of revised pension/family pension.
5. The pension so arrived ai in accordance with para 2 above and indicated in Col. 9 of Annexure will be reduced pro-rata, where the pensioner had less than the maximum required service for full pension as per rule 49 of the CCS (Pension) Rules,1972 as applicable before 1.1.2006 and in no case it will be less than Rs.3.500/- p.m.
6. The family pension at enhanced rates (under sub rule (3)(a) of Rule 54 of the CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972) of pre-2006 pensioners/family pensioners revised w.e.f. 1.1.2006 in terms of para 4.1 or this Department’s OM No.1/3/2011-P&PW(E) dated 25.5.2012 would be further stepped up in the following manner:
(I) In the case of Government servants who died while in service before 1.1.2006 and in respect of whom enhanced family pension is applicable from the date of approval by the Government, i.e. 24.9.2012, the enhanced family pension will be stepped up to 50% of the sum of minimum of pay in the pay band and the grade pay corresponding to the pre-revised pay scale in which the Government servant had died, as arrived at with reference to the fument tables annexed to the Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure OM No.1/1/2008-IC dated 30th August. 2008. In the case of HAG and above scales, this will be 50% of the minimum of the pay in the revised pay scale arrived at with reference to the fitment tables annexed to the above-referred OM dated 30.8.2008 of Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure.
(ii) In the case of a pensioner who retired before 1.I.2006 and in respect of whom enhanced family pension is applicable from the date of approval by the Government. i.e. 24.9.2012, the enhanced family pension will be stepped up to the amount of pension as revised in terms of para 2 read with para 5 above. In case the pensioner has died before from the date of approval by the Government, i.e. 24.9.2012, the pension will be revised notionally in terms of para 2 read with para 5 above. The amount of revised enhanced family pension will, however, not be less than the amount of family pension at ordinary rates as revised in terms of para 3 above.
7. In case the pension consolidated pension/family pension/enhanced family pension calculated as per para 4.1 of OM No.38/37/08-P&PW(A) dated 1.9.2008 is higher than the pension/family pension calculated in the manner indicated above, the same (higher consolidated pension/family pension) will continue to be treated as basic pension/family pension.
8. All other conditions as given in OM No.38/37/08-P&PW(A) dated 1.9.2008, as amended from time to time shall remain unchanged.
9. These orders will take effect from the date of approval by the Government, i.e. 24.9.2012. There will be no change in the amount of revised pension/family pension paid during the period 1.1.2006 and 23.9.2012, and, therefore, no arrears will be payable on account of these orders for that period.
10. In their application to the persons belonging to the Indian Audit and Accounts Department, these orders issue in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
11. All the Ministries/Departments are requested to bring the contents fo these orders to the notice of Controller of Accounts/Pay and Accounts Officers and Attached and subordinate Offices under them on a top priority basis. All pension disbursing offices are also to prominently display these orders on their notice boards for the benefit of pensioners.
12. Hindi version will follow.
ANNEXURE DEPARTMENT OF PENSION & PENSIOERS’ WELFARE
REVISED PENSION/FAMILY PENSION OF PRE-2006 PENSIONERS FOR POSTS CARRYING PRESENT SCALES IN GROUP 'A', 'B', 'C' & 'D'
[Annexure to OM No.38/40/12-P&PW(A) Dated 28.1.2013
|S.No||Pay scale w.e.f. 1.1.1986||Post/Grade and Pay scale w.e.f. 1.1.1996||Name of Pay Band/ scale||Corresponding 6th CPC Pay Bands/scales||Corresponding Grade Pay||Sum of minimum pay in the pay band and grade pay/ minimum pay in the pay scale as per fitment table||Pension= 50% of Sum of minimum pay in the pay band and grade pay/ minimum pay in the pay scale as per fitment table||Family Pension= 30% of Sum of minimum pay in the pay band and grade pay/ minimum pay in the pay scale as per fitment table|
|2||775-12-871- 12-1025||S-2||2610-60- 3150-65- 3540||-1S||4440-7440||1400||6260||3500||3500|
|3||775-12-871-14- 955-15-1030-20- 1150||S-2A||2610-60- 2910-65- 3300-70- 4000||-1S||4440-7440||1600||6460||3500||3500|
|4||800-15-1010-20- 1150||S-3||2650-65- 3300-70- 4000||-1S||4440-7440||1650||6580||3500||3500|
|5||825-15-900-20- 1200||S-4||2750-70- 3800-75- 4400||PB-1||5200-20200||1800||7330||3665||3500|
|6||950-20-1150-25-1400950-20-1150-25-1500 1150-25-1500||S-5||3050-75- 3950-80- 4590||PB-1||5200-20200||1900||7780||3890||3500|
|7||975-25-1150-30- 1540 975-25-1150-30- 1660||S-6||3200-85- 4900||PB-1||5200-20200||2000||8060||4030||3500|
|8||1200-30-1440-30- 1800 1200-30-1560-40- 2040 1320-30-1560-40- 2040||S-7||4000-100- 6000||PB-1||5200-20200||2400||9840||4920||3500|
|9||1350-30-1440-40- 1800-50-2200 1400-40-1800-50- 2300||S-8||4500-125- 7000||PB-1||5200-20200||2800||11170||5585||3500|
|10||1400-40-1600-50- 2300-60-2600 1600-50-2300-60- 2660||S-9||5000-150- 8000||PB-2||9300-34800||4200||13500||6750||4050|
|11||1640-60-2600-75- 2900||S-10||5500-175- 9000||PB-2||9300-34800||4200||14430||7215||4329|
|13||2000-60-2300-75- 3200 2000-60-2300-75- 3200-3500||S-12||6500-200- 10500||PB-2||9300-34800||4200||16290||8145||4887|
|14||2375-75-3200- 100-3500 2375-75-3200- 100-3500-125- 3750||S-13||7450-225- 11500||PB-2||9300-34800||4600||18460||9230||5538|
|16||2200-75-2800- 100-4000 2300-100-2800||S-15||8000-275- 13500||PB-2||9300-34800||5400||20280||10140||6084|
|17||2200-75-2800- 100-4000||NEW SCALE||8000-275-13500(Group A Entry)||PB-3||15600-39100||5400||21000||10500||6300|
|21||3000-125-3625 3000-100-3500- 125-4500 3000-100-3500- 125-5000||S-19||10000-325- 15200||PB-3||15600-39100||6600||25200||12600||7560|
|22||3200-100-3700- 125-4700||S-20||10650-325- 15850||PB-3||15600-39100||6600||26410||13205||7923|
|23||3700-150-4450 3700-125-4700- 150-5000||S-21||12000-375- 16500||PB-3||15600-39100||7600||29920||14960||8976|
|24||3950-125-4700- 150-5000||S-22||12750-375- 16500||PB-3||15600-39100||7600||31320||15660||9396|
|25||3700-125-4950- 150-5700||S-23||12000-375- 18000||PB-3||15600-39100||7600||29920||14960||8976|
|26||4100-125-4850- 150-5300 4500-150-5700||S-24||14300-400- 18300||PB-4||37400-67000||8700||46100||23050||13830|
|28||5100-150-5700 5100-150-6150 5100-150-5700- 200-6300||S-26||16400-450- 20000||PB-4||37400-67000||8900||48590||24295||14577|
|30||4500-150-5700- 200-7300||S-28||14300-450- 22400||PB-4||37400-67000||10000||47400||23700||14220|
|31||5900-200-6700 5900-200-7300||S-29||18400-500- 22400||PB-4||37400-67000||10000||54700||27350||16410|
|32||7300-100-7600||S-30||22400-525- 24500||HAG SCALE||67000-79000||NIL||67000||33500||20100|
|33||7300-200-7500- 250-8000||S-31||22400-600- 26000||HAG+ SCALE||75500-- 80000||NIL||75500||37750||22650|
|34||7600/- FIXED 7600-100-8000||S-32||24050-650- 26000||HAG+ SCALE||75500-- 80000||NIL||77765||38883||23330|
|35||8000/- FIXED||S-33||26000 (FIXED)||APEX SCALE||80000 (FIXED)||NIL||80000||40000||24000|
|36||9000/- FIXED||S-34||30000 (FIXED)||CAB. SEC.||90000 (FIXED)||NIL||45000||27000|
Click here to view the fitment table for revised concordance table (Annexure) of the pre-1996, pre-2006 and post 2006 pay scales