Enhancement of Fees for Kendriya Vidyalayas
The scheme of Kendriya Vidyalayas was approved in November, 1962 by the Govt. of India to provide uninterrupted education to the wards of transferable Central Government employees. Starting with the taking over of 20 Regimental Schools as Central Schools or Kendriya Vidyalayas during the academic year 1963-64 the Schools have now expanded to a network of 1087 schools all over the country and 3 schools abroad. This phenomenal growth is mainly due to the quality education provided by Kendriya Vidyalayas and ceaseless efforts put in by the employees of KVS. On 15th December, 1965 KVS was registered as a society under the Societies Registration Act. KVS is functioning under the Ministry of Human Resource Development and is financed by Government of India.