PROJECTED POINTS FOR JUDICIAL COMMISSION : OROP ANOMALIES
ANOMALIES : FIXATION OF ONE RANK ONE PENSION (OROP)
TABLE NO 7 BETWEEN X AND Y GP JCOs AND OTHER RANKS OF ARMY, AF AND NAVY
1. 24 Years (X Gp) Nb Sub Pension increased 10.12%. However, 24 Years (Y Gp) Nb Sub pension increased only 0.50% (Appendix A).
2. While in service Difference between X Gp and Y Gp pay is Rs 1400 (X Group Pay only). Therefore, difference in basic pension between X Gp and Y Gp should be Rs 1400/2 = Rs 700/- (50% of X Group Pay) whereas in some cases difference is more than Rs 1700/- between ( X and Y Gp) (Appendix A).
3. In some point of bracket of service, pension increment is 0.50% whereas six months previous/past service bracket of same rank pension hike is 4 to 8% more (Appendix B).
4. Even some rank not crossed two figure increment under scheme of OROP and some category have been given four figure increment. Most depressed category under OROP scheme is Nb Sub (Y Gp) who have given pension increment @ Rs 28/47/63/67/79 per month between 24-28 yrs service bracket (Appendix B).
5. NO change in disability pension of soldiers invalided out upto five years of service. Service element increased 47 to 65% but disability element increment is 0% (Appendix C).
6. X Gp Hony Nb Sub's Pension is equal to X Gp Nb Sub But Y Gp Hony Nb Sub's pension is not equal to Y Gp Nb Sub between 24 Years to 26 years bracket of service. (Appendix D and E).
7. Huge gap in same rank and same length of service is not justifiable and also against ethos of “One Rank and one Pension” for same rank and same length of service.
8. Genuine anomalies should to be looked into to make the OROP Indian Armed Forces Invincible and gap between X Group and Y Group JCOs/OR's pension should be removed completely or kept as per ratio (50% of X Gp Pay) to avoid any further gap/fraction between Jawan’s of X and Y Group at a later stage as all X and Y Group soldiers are now ex servicemen and Non Effective.